Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

back & forth & in between, like my emotion



This makes me think of you.
Thank you.



We're part of a tragedy
living our stories
searching for hope
and not sure of our wanderings.
Beautiful roses
full of thorns
Shining sunflowers
scared of the storms.

It's good to know
that even when I make you sad
you won't go.
And the truth is
I would have let you leave;
closed the door to my heart
it only swings one way
that would have been it
back to the start
but you wouldn't let me leave.

There we were in the car
for hours on end
spitting out frustration
and not giving in.
My heart was breaking
though I wanted to pretend.
You become so honest
you stare your fears in the face
and I make you a promise
that I won't let you leave.


Another day painted over with His white grace
angry words
defeated pride
sullen souls
and tired minds
He brings water for our dry
He brings truth to our lies.

Whether it's wrong or right
love is teaching
love is changing
and love reminds me
the Lord turns my darkness into light.

We never have to leave.


No comments: