Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

22


The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and a contrite heart.
These, O God, you will not despise.

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation.

[Psalm 51]



I'm reflecting on a few things I've learned in the last year. Since I'm 22, I'm challenging myself to come up with at least 22 things. This won't be hard. :)


1. Redemption is real & really happens.
2. I can pull off straight across bangs.
2. Contentment is difficult to attain.
3. No matter how much you hope for something, sometimes things just don't work out. And that can be a great thing.
4. Timing is a curious thing.
5. Portuguese is a confusing & beautiful language.
6. The Amazon isn't as scary as I've always imagined.
7. Chocolate cake for breakfast is allowed in some countries. (and this is one reason I could stay in Brazil forever)
8. The resilience and joy of children will continue to amaze me.
9. Hair really freezes in below zero weather.
10. I can survive without having a plan or knowing how I'm getting home.
11. I will never tire of seeing my YWAM friends; they are truly a treasure.
12. Homesickness never goes away, even when you're happy with where you are.
13. God's grace is most generously displayed through people.
14. There are so many great friends to be found in this world.
15. Empathy has boundaries, which are very ominous and difficult to define. And still even harder to implement.
16. "This I know: God is for me."
17. I might not have one passion or one thing to do for the rest of my life. Still learning what to do with my many things...
18. Joy is both a gift and a determination.
19. Sailing is very fun.
20. God's love for me is beyond anything I could know or understand.
21. "We have forgotten to think relationally." By simply knowing people, appreciating their gifts and differences, choosing love rather than hate, life will be much richer.
22. Great is His faithfulness.





No comments: