Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Random Randomness

I would not consider myself a random person. If you don't mind me saying, it's pretty random when I'm random. Does that make sense? But tonight I'm full of aimless thoughts. Just figured this is a safe place to schpeel.

First of all, whoever made up the untruthful expectation that you stay friends forever after high school is a poopmouth. I find myself browsing (sometimes longingly...) at my "friend's" pictures, and a part of me wishes we could all hang out again like the old days. But, we've changed. Moved on. New friends. New life. So for all of you who just graduated, let me put a damper on your dreams- it doesn't happen! I guess it does for a select few. Definitely not for me, and it really saddens my heart. Not that I don't have awesome friends now, I'm just incredibly nostalgic like that.

Also, I just saw the production Godspell and it was incredible! The actors were great, the music was lovely, they made me laugh SO hard, and it was uplifting because it's based on the Gospel of Matthew. Who could ask for more?! I found myself focussing on each actor-- how they reacted to Jesus, if I could see real passion in their eyes. I kept saying to my mom, "I wonder if they are all Christians? They HAVE to be if they do a play like this!" But her response was a realistic one. "They are actors. It's their job. They do things like this all the time."
Yeah, but still!! This is JESUS we are talking about. How could you be a part of portraying His life without being affected by Him? So then I started praying for them. Haha. I couldn't just enjoy the play, I had to be super spiritual. Honestly, I like being super spiritual. Because well, everything is spiritual!

Next, my dog is missing. AGAIN. Why can't she just be content at home? She has everything she needs here. Which brings much conviction on me. Why can't I be content with my life? Maybe it's time for me to move on, but I can practice contentment no matter what. Is there something in my heart, some void or need that I haven't yet allowed God to meet or mend?

...See, I told you I am random tonight!

I won't babble for much longer. I'm actually really sleepy. This week has been one of great exhaustion. With great exhaustion hopefully comes great accomplishment-- I think we did do good this week. I purchased a planner, so I'm extra organized now. We are in full fundraising mode! Kids Camp seems so far away. In reality, it's about a month and some days. Ohhhh boy! Gotta keep going.
I will end this randomocity with a great piece from Beth Moore in her study of John. It just happens to be precisely what I need today. Thanks for doing that, Love :)


"God is primarily looking for faithfulness to fufill whatever duty He has placed before us... only after we have learned to prioritze faithfulness rather than results are we ready for the next truth. Christ is the door-opener. For a true harvest to result, the Holy Spirit has to prepare the way and go before us through the door. That's how it opens! Otherwise, it's either the wrong door or the wrong time."


Stay faithful. He's preparing you for a harvest not based on quantity, but of quality. Hold true to what He's called you. And never forget that you are FrEe.

No comments: