Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Lord, become the delight of my life.

Like I promised, this post is from Beth Moore's series "Delight in Him". Obviously, my notes do not even compare to hearing her teach, but hopefully you'll get something out of it!

*Delight-- love on fire; love having fun.
*Psalm 37:4, it's our promise. Our lives are not meant to be about denying our desires. The Word says that His love is better than life! We must learn to deny our ungodly desires. He will change your desires if you choose to let Him. You were saved to DO, not to live a life of "don't".
*Whatever you leave not consumed will destroy you. Our human condition is self-destructive. Let Him consume you with holy passion!
*We are as filled with the Holy Spirit as we are yielded to the Holy Spirit.
*Jeremiah 17:9 "the human heart is the most deceitful of all things". You can be saved but have an unsanctified heart. An unsanctified heart will lie to you. Our culture says, "Just follow your heart." Some of us could follow our hearts straight to hell! It will continually lead you astray.
*We CAN trust what we feel when our hearts are filled and flooded with the love of Christ. Give Him your whole heart. A heart that is divided cannot be sanctified by Him.
*When you begin to delight in Him, you begin to trust your desires because God Himself becomes your greatest desire.
*How do we become sanctified? John 17:17 "Make them holy by Your Truth, teach them Your word, which is Truth." We must be on a steady diet of God's Word. To delight in God is to delight in His Word!!
*Psalm 37:31 "the instruction of God is in his heart," Take in the word-- don't just read it with your mind. He wants to write His word upon your heart.

*I think the greatest mystery in the heavenlies is mediocrity. I think the angels look at us and say that we are so little moved. Our God is much more.

*A delighting life is not always fun, but it's very much alive.
*John 15:7 "But if you remain in Me and My words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted." (vs. 11) "I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!"
* You have biblical permission to enjoy the God who has called you!!!!

*Every time we get a "no" it's because there is a greater "yes"!

*Do NOT base your theology on your experiences. We are in such a cycle of unbelief. "I haven't seen that, so He no longer does it." We get little because we believe little so we see little! BELIEVE HIS WORD.
*Think in God's will. It will throw all your walls down.

*If He has your heart, He will do the silliest things for you just to make you laugh out loud. He wants to see us give Him glory!


I can attest to so many of those statements. My life is so drastically different because of the heart-change He has performed in me. For a while, I was learning and reading His Word, and my mind was being renewed, but my emotions were still the same. I didn't know that there is a major difference between knowing the Truth and having it written on my heart. I can say in all assurance, in complete confidence, that God is now becoming my greatest delight.

There is JOY and LIFE and PASSION awaiting us! Let's throw of all the sin that so easily entangles us, and let's run wildly and freely, witholding nothing and risking everything, into all that He is! And let's make this our prayer and our heart's one desire...

Lord,
become the Delight of my life!

No comments: