Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

These are a Few of My Favorite Things!

Some days I can get so easily (and quickly) stressed out. It's like my first reaction. I don't like it. So tonight, after a long and "stressful" day, I'm going to think about some of my favorite things. Things that I'm hugely thankful for, things that make my heart smile, things that just make you sigh in that contented way. This is more for me than you-- I need to get my attitude right!

Living in a beautiful, sunshiney place with lots of pool and beach days.
A child's laughter.
"Wow" moments with God.
Singing loudly to Kari Jobe or Hillsong (or Justin Timberlake) in my car.
Riding with the windows down.
Coming home, watching HGTV, with coffee or tea in hand. Ahhh.
Buying cute, clearance coffee mugs. (It's almost getting worse than my liking for earrings! yikes!)
Putting together a new outfit with old clothes and feeling great because I didn't buy more.
Seeing the shy kids open up.
Big Train Chai latte's, dirty, with Soy :D
Bible Studies. Especially with Beth Moore.
Going over the Canal bridge and watching a breath-taking sunset.
Wandering around Target...possibly with a Starbucks....
Families.
Sharing life with people.
Cuddling with my Milly.
Waking up early, but not needing to be somewhere.
Panera Bread Company. Wish we had one!
Looking at pictures.
Dreaming of, and praying for, the day when I will go overseas again.
Catching up with old friends who I miss dearly.
The smell of my house.
Going somewhere new.
Praying with precious children & seeing God touch their hearts. And mine.
Encouragement: giving and receiving.
Letters.
Living in Him and Him living through me.
Just loving God!!!


Aw, look at that, I already feel better. All we need to do sometimes is just reflect on our lives and remember how truly wonderful and miraculous it is that we are where we are, doing what we're doing, every single day. I don't know about you, but I have a great life. And I believe it's all because of the love that my Father lavishes on me. I am not loved more than you, but I receive His love, and I reciprocate His love. I don't fully understand it, and I must confess that sometimes I think it will be taken away from me. But I know, really I know, that He is so much more than what I've learned, heard of, or imagined. And that thought alone drives me to surrender everything I am or have to His service. Not out of fear or "beacause I said so", but out of an awe for a love that is more vast than anything in this universe....
Now that right there makes my heart smile!!

"If my heart has one ambition, if my soul one goal to seek, this my solitary vision, til I only dwell in Thee, that I only dwell in Thee."


1 comment:

Unknown said...

man.. you know how to lay it on thick, canDice! thanks for sharing. i needed to read that, and imagine this... most of the things you listed were some of my fav things too:)

love you