Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

today, we got it wrong.
we did.
but tomorrow, there is grace waiting,
and we can do much better. 



This morning, I get to work, first one here. Turn on the t.v. to watch the Olympics, of course, while maintaining full multitasking function. But the channel had been changed and the 700 Club was on. Yes, it's embarrassing, but I really liked the 700 club at one point in my life. I still appreciate a lot of things they have to say & the resources they share. Oh, but today... I'm still recovering from my stomach dropping and tears filling my eyes, pain overwhelming my heart. My heart is still beating at an unusually fast rate.

Chik-fil-A. 
Enough said, right? 

Wrong. I have so much to say, and I say it with conviction and out of a broken soul that has been shown more grace than we stubborn humans ever should be given. I speak from knowing other precious souls who are the beloved of Christ, who have endured much pain in their life and have overcome, and now they have chosen their path in life which is different than mine, but our struggles to be close to our Creator could not be more of the same. 

I am not upset with Christians. I am so grieved about the ideas of some Christians, the opinions of some Christians. Why is it so terribly hard for us to just accept each other? Love each other? Welcome each other despite all of our baggage? Because, news flash people, we ALL have baggage. 
Where I stand, before an Abba that is defined as love not hate, a Being far beyond us that is both mother and father, lover and friend, so very close to the hurting and hungry and ignored, I cannot continue to make judgments. My thoughts, my views, are completely irrational in the presence of love. Because love does not condemn. Nor is it easily angered. Nor is it exclusive. Nor does it care about fried chicken in the midst of a never ending battle that is turning more people away than humbly beckoning them to come in. 

I heard a man who is employed by some research group comment about this whole extravaganza. He spoke about GLBT people as a forceful group who just wants to pick a fight, stir the pot, experience even more brutality from Christ followers. Regardless of whether that is an honest stance of some, I understand. If I had experienced what others have experienced in life - hatred, rudeness, blatant rejection - I'd be out to pick a fight, too. Wouldn't you? 


Where is the love, people? Seriously. Can we continue (or start) praying for these bridges of humanity that have been burned to be reconciled in Jesus? Because that's what he came to do. This is the exact message we carry in us-- these broken, fragile bodies. It's not about us and them. It's about us and Him, all of us, and how we can restore what's been destroyed. 
Not keep destroying.

Healing.
Mending.
Loving.



"If you stick with this, living out what I tell you, you are my disciples for sure. Then you will experience
for yourselves
the Truth
and the truth will free you."

John 8:32




No comments: