Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

feeling list-y

I've realized that I don't like lists that much, unless it's a very short one that I can accomplish in a few hours. It seems like writing things down-- dreams, goals, hopes-- means that I'm already committing to them in some way. Does anyone else share in my freakish fear??

So I'm stepping out of my box of avoiding goal-oriented lists, and I'm going to share some things I would like to do in the next years, however long. But don't you dare hold me to them. I can confidently promise that some of them will change. Probably soon. :)


  1. Live & serve somewhere overseas. Maybe for a year. Maybe longer.
  2. Have a place to call home other than my home that I grew up in.
  3. Adopt a child. Or 5. Or 500.
  4. Continue to meet & connect with crazy people doing crazy things and help them however I can.
  5. Stop biting my nails. [it's harder than you think!]
  6. Learn how to sew/alter clothes & be super thrifty while looking cute and original
  7. Travel to Rwanda with Land of a Thousand Hills & see how coffee farms are involved in reconciling a nation.
  8. Be completely fluent in at least one other language.
  9. Develop deeper, more honest friendships
  10. Rock a pixie haircut
  11. Be a conscious, responsible consumer (betterworldshopper.com-- check it out!)
  12. Learn how to trust God completely, with much or with little, in all circumstances
  13. Find one passion to focus on and fully commit myself to it for a while
  14. Love one man, forever, whole-heartedly, openly, freely; and accept the love he has for me.
  15. Be comfortable speaking in front of crowds
  16. Have the courage/ boldness to live a life that pleases Him, goes against the grain, isn't normal at all... :)
  17. Be a passionate learner for the rest of my life.
  18. Use my gifts and strengths for His glory & for the benefit of others
  19. To actually enjoy exercising
  20. Go to Greece


I might add to this later on... It's interesting what comes to mind when I sit and really think about it.
Isn't it amazing that I have the ability to dream with God, and can actually have HOPE that some of these things will happen? My heart is burdened by the majority of our world who have little or no hope for their lives, who are just existing. I want to seek these people out! Oh, how much there is to do, how much life there is to enjoy, how wonderful is our God!
In the midst of it all, He is faithful. I want the world to know that, really & truly.
He is faithful and He loves us. What life-changing truths.

What would be on your list?? I've heard this question twice over the past couple months:
"If you could do anything for God and not fail, what would it be?"

I'm still thinking about my answer ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two i think is accomplished (Robins) -- Five I am also working on--I really like 16--I got 19 going on right now, took a couple weeks though. Defiantly worth the time and effort