Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

still You whisper Your peace to me

Can there be any preparation for the unexpected? I think yes and no. It seems impossible to prepare for what our physical selves feel. But our true selves can rest assure. I find myself questioning and challenging my faith today. Would I still be able to praise Him? Would I still have my exuberance for life? Would I still trust Him with my whole heart? Thankfully, our Lord is not scared of our questions. We shouldn't be either. My goal is an unshakable faith. I have a feeling everything must be shaken before it becomes unshakable. Let only the eternal things stand. Let only my love for Him and His for me be enough. Let only His peace and nothing less calm my soul. Let me only live for Him, no matter what comes my way.

"Surely goodness, mercy, and unfailing love will follow me all the days of my life. And through the length of my days, the house of the Lord and His presence shall be my dwelling place." Psalm 23:6