Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Secret Blessings

Do you ever think about how much of life just passes you by? How much you miss when you are too busy focusing on your own life & agenda, and not on the miracles God is performing all around you?

I'm pondering that today...

I was holding a little girl after Allies at the elementary school, and just staring at her precious little face, and taking in her laughter- it blew me away. She is such a beautiful image of Jesus.
And then I noticed the wind fiercely blowing the trees as I was driving down the road, and saw for a second how even they worship our King.

There is a tree down my street that has turned this striking red orange color, and amidst the gray skies and rainy day, its color shone the brightest I've ever seen it. It makes me realize that He is ever present, even when things around me are dull and dying.


Next time you are in the mountains, or at the beach, or in the school, even at your job- make the choice to seek out God's face in this place we live in. Ask Him to open your eyes to the things unseen. Learn about what God's Kingdom is all about, and how it can show up in the most surprising and secretive ways in your life.



"No eye has fully seen, how beautiful the cross. And we have only heard, the faintest whispers of how great You are..."




No comments: