Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Money, Love, Giving, Faithfulness.

I was thinking the other night about how much we have done here lately... everything from Operation Christmas Child to serving hot chocolate at Walmart at 5 am on Black Friday, and going to Build-a-Bear and spending so that others may have a cute, cuddly (and fashionable) bear for Christmas.
We have been blessed with many different activities to get involved and serve and GIVE BIG :) but what I'm hoping is that this doesn't just happen between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I want this to be my life.
In the book I just finished about the Kingdom of God, Rick challenges his readers to be aware of how they spend their money. Not just what they buy or how much they buy, but to really pray and use discernment. It is now branded into my mind and my spirit to ask this question: "How is this dollar showing love to those less fortunate?"
Often, I have to change my mind because I'm not spending for others. I'm choosing to fix a certain caffeine addiction at Starbucks, or a certain insecurity to have super cute clothes (which I have enough of already!)
I just want to be a giver. Really. I want to be faithful in my finances- to God and to His precious people. I know there's a "balance", but it has always been a strong conviction of mine. There's so many people who need what I have so much of.
I've begun a new book, ha ha, and I have a feeling its going to ruin me even more. Maybe so much so that I sell all of my clothes and shoes and hand the money to people that need it. But why don't I do that anyway?


Jesus, make me wholly devoted to You.
Use the resources you've entrusted me with
to bring glory to Your name and reputation.
Let me invest strongly and bodly into Your kingdom.
I want to help, I want to give, I want to welcome a new world.
Amen. So be it.

No comments: