Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

a space provided

1 Timothy 2:8-9

Since prayer is at the bottom of all this, what I want mostly is for men to pray-- not shaking angry fists at enemies, but raising holy hands to God.
And I want women to get in there with the men in humility before God,
not primping before a mirror or chasing the latest fashions,
but doing something beautiful for God
and becoming beautiful doing it.



One of my new favorite things to do is meet with a group of lovely women from my community. Every other Sunday morning we gather from all over the cities to be real, be heard, and be fully present in this time of life. It's a space provided to sit and dwell, to listen and comfort, to cry and giggle.
In our last meeting we began with the song Bones from Hillsong. Just being quiet and careful to hear each word was refreshing...

"Oh Jesus, alive in me."

We asked ourselves the questions: how are you letting God soften your heart (when previously asked "how does your heart need to be softened") and, what makes you feel beautiful?
I struggle with answering questions. I think it's my perfectionist nature that feels like I should always have the right answer or something profound to say. And then I always think everyone else's answers are way better than what I said. Like it matters?!
But I love it. Hearing each heart-- the passion, the conviction, the truth of Him in each of us, working in us. It's like being a part of a pottery class, molding the clay and making something lovely with time and heart and pain all involved; except the amazing creation is us and the Potter is our God.
As we sit together, sipping coffees and chai teas, baring our souls and asking the tough questions, I feel like I'm understood, possibly more than I understand myself. Women's hearts have a unique way of connecting with one another. I'm so thankful for that.



Breathe in me Your life
I can feel You are close now
I can never hide
You are here and You know me
All I need is You
& I love You, I love You, I love You.

Breathe in me Your life
til Your love overtakes me
Open up my eyes, let me see You more clearly
Falling on my knees
til I love like You love
like You love me.

Oh Jesus.
Alive in me.

No comments: