Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

map out your future, but do it in pencil


"Who knows where this path will take us, but let's go forth... because it may lead us somewhere vast and amazing."



I was reflecting this morning as I drove down Minnesota streets in 22 degrees.
I am here. Who would've thought.
This place is already so familiar to me. It's been five, almost six, months. Yet it feels like a lifetime. Maybe that's a loving hint that I'm exactly where I need to be.

Sometimes it suddenly occurs to me how strange it is that I am where I am, wherever that may be. I've tried to envision this time in my life for years now... never would have pictured it this way. But that's how it has been for a while now: so many wonderful surprises.


I don't want to cease going. I want to keep pushing myself into change. Into the perilous and chancy things.
I hope He keeps me there.
Some have encouraged me that I've gone too much & too far to ever do differently. But I think we all can easily fall prey to whatever numbs and immobilizes us. We get stuck, and we choose to settle into the mire.
Let me remind you [and me] :


"Be alert, be present.
I'm about to do something brand-new. It's bursting out!
Don't you see it?"

Is.43:16


No comments: