Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

catching up


This past week was insane in the membrane. I had so much fun! And subsequently am still semi-exhausted from all of the events. Our Tuesday night "Yay Kip quit his job and got a new one right after!" party was a hit and lasted well into the weeknight. Loved it. And Wednesday brought us The Civil Wars and this spectacular group called Milo Greene. I was enthralled, mesmerized, totally smitten with that night of music [ & sitting next to this really cute boy].
Working til Friday afternoon and then rushing over to a candlelight yoga class [which benefited IJM] was also great and left me a bit sore. The weekend was recovery time.

I did something on Saturday that made me even more thrilled about going home for the holidays:
after demolishing a grapefruit, I cut it up, threw in some cinnamon sticks with a pot of water and indulged in the wonderful smells of my mom's Fall concoction. I will be smelling that in my sweet little southern home soon. Happy heart.

It's the little things.



No comments: