Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010


I'm learning not to lean on my own strength
I'm learning not to hold it all inside
I'm learning to depend on others
and most of all to depend on Christ.
I'm seeing that we truly are a body
that my part is so small
that I am not the carrier of the world's burdens
but I am a part of their healing process.
I'm learning that questions are good
and faith is everything.
I'm learning that it's not about how much I can do--
it's about being obedient to what He tells me to do today.

I'm learning that life is a struggle, and following Christ is living in tension.
I'm also learning that this is the worthiest of all pursuits;
that in the rough and tough, the broken and tattered, the hurt and pain,
my God seems most distant, yet His hope is most real.
And it is this hope that I must hold on to.

I'm learning that I can do it.
I can take it.
I can give it.

Less of my anger, more of His love
less of my control, more of His direction
less of my sympathy, more of His active compassion
less of my fear, more of His confidence
less of my pride, more of His humility

Less of me. More of Jesus.



1 comment:

Brennen Gaddis said...

You just summed up what I just blogged. Except you did it all poetic. And I love it. :)