Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Week 1: It Begins


If you have not been keeping up with me, let me fill you in: I'm in Denver, Colorado, doing YWAM's School of Social Justice.
We've finished the first week, which mainly consists of going over YWAM Denver's guidelines, trying to remember the names of everyone in my school (thankfully there are only 12 of us!), organizing a room with 8 girls and tons of stuff, school bonding time, getting acclimated to being a mile high with very dry weather (thus, drinking LOTS of water), and adjusting to the busy & full YWAM schedule. I went to bed before 8 last night, if that tells you anything. :)

My hope during this time is to be able to communicate to y'all what we are learning in school and also what God is specifically speaking to me. I've already heard so much! One of the many great things about being here is constantly being surrounded by a loving, supportive community. People who aren't afraid to ask you hard questions, and who are willing to pray for you and comfort you through it all. Oftentimes the clearest I hear God is through his obedient children. For example, yesterday morning during our worship time we were encouraged to receive and give prayer and allow the Lord to speak through us prophetically. (Don't let that word scare you: it simply means building someone up, encouraging, speaking out what you feel the Holy Spirit is speaking to you.) A couple people came to me and confirmed so much of what I've been feeling: "don't be afraid of what God wants to do in you & through you, or of where He is taking you. He is so glad you are here and that you have chosen to go through this process and step into your destiny. Even though your vision for the future is blocked, don't let that hold you back. Keep trusting Him."

Something that I will be specifically praying for through this time is about our outreach to Brasil. We had a teaching on fundraising this week and it was so encouraging. God provided the entire tuition for my lecture phase, but I will need about $3,000 more for outreach. I am very expectant-- especially hearing from other people here about how He miraculously made the way for them monetarily. I do not doubt His faithfulness, but I was questioning whether I should go or not. In which He answered with this verse: Psalm 82:3, "Give justice to the poor and the orphan; uphold the rights of the oppressed and the destitute." So awesome! And so specific for me, since we are planning to work in an orphanage the whole time we're there.
I've already received a sweet, generous gift from a friend, and that meant the world to me. If He calls, He will provide. And I trust Him with my whole heart.

I'll be sending an email in the next couple weeks with more information about our trip. Please email me if you're interested in what we're doing, and/or if you'd like to help me get there financially!

candice_mae@hotmail.com


No comments: