Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

sweetly broken.

Oh my... how I love Jesus. Why do I let this world distract me so? I don't like being stuck in this body. There are emotions that it cannot contain, words that it cannot speak, love that it just cannot express enough. All I need to do is worship. How worthy is my Savior. How marvelous are His ways. How indescribable His greatness. How humble His love.
When I think about the day my true Love died... how He was shamed, despised, beaten... crucified. I imagine Him there, hanging on that tree, and His eyes meet mine. Blood, sweat, and tears mix. I cannot contain the cries. Please, please take Him down. Please stop His suffering. He is perfect. He doesn't deserve it. My sweet Jesus...
He is the only good I've ever known. He held me when I was broken. He welcomed me as a child. He put my heart back together when it was torn and shattered. I would sit at His feet as He taught me, laughed with me, showed me Truth. I saw Him do miracles, unexplainable things. He was my everything. My Jesus... He is dying.
Through His gashes, His swollen face, I know He still has joy. I can feel it. Sorrow and love both mingled down. I don't understand this determination. I desire this obedience. A Love stronger than death. A Life that was willingly laid down, given up, surrendered, taken... for me. And also taken up again for me. He came back! He did what I could never do for myself. How mysterious this power. How grateful am I! All to Him I owe. Once stained in crimson, I am now white as snow. He sees me holy. He took on my sin and gave me His righteousness. He appeared & turned my mourning and grief into a garment of praise. He knew it wasn't over for Him. He knew it wasn't over for me. The Father paid my ransom & set me free. Freedom. I am free.
This world has nothing for me.
I will follow You.

"When Christ died, He took that entire rule-dominated way of life with Him and left it in the tomb, leaving you free to 'marry' a resurrection life and bear 'offspring' of faith for God... In the end, all we had to show for (our life of sin) was miscarriages and still-births. But now that we're no longer shackled to that domineering mate of sin, and out from under all those oppressive regulations and fine print, we're free to live a new life in the freedom of God." Romans 7:3-6

"You let the world, which doesn't know the first thing about living, tell you how to live. You filled your lungs with polluted disbelief, and then exhaled disobedience. We all did it, all of us doing what we felt like doing when we felt like doing it, all of us in the same boat. It's a wonder God didn't lose His temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with incredible love, He embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ." Ephesians 2:2-5


To the Cross I look, to the Cross I cling. Of its suffering I do drink. Of its work I do sing. For on it my Savior, both bruised and crushed, showed that God is love and God is just. At the Cross You beckon me, draw me gently to my knees. And I'm lost for words, so lost in love. I'm sweetly broken, wholly surrendered. You've called me out of death. You've called me into life. And I was under Your wrath... now through the Cross I'm reconciled. How wondrous Your redeeming love. How great Your faithfulness.

Take of this cup and never thirst again. Take of My body and never hunger more.
My Love, it satisfies. My blood, it gives you life. My mercy far outweighs your need. My justice never fails. My faithfulness prevails. My strength is poured out for the weak.
There is a River that never runs dry. My cup runneth over.


No comments: