Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Monologue.


I surrender all to you my God. I will give You all I have, for You took my filthiness and made me clean.
I lay down my life, my plans, my rights, for I’m captured by Your love.
And though I lose this world, I will know You.


This is my monologue.
The theme of my life, and the theme of the stories I’ve heard for so long. That God is faithful. God is love. He does not push, He does not shove. He waits for me patiently, but wills that I come. Not to be busied, but to be overcome, with the wonder of Him. To lay it all down, all the attention, all the crowns. I pick up my cross and follow His way. Not my way, but His. Come what may, I choose to obey. For He is my pearl of greatest price. What else in this world could suffice? There is no such thing!
I am a seed in His wind, a sparkle in His eye, a tool in His hand. I cling to Him-- my Daddy, my Friend. It is for Him that I sing, I dance, I write. All day and all night will I worship and praise. Though my life often feels like a maze, I will trust Him at all times.
No words can fully describe this amazing King of mine. What valor, what strength! He has gone to the greatest length, to win back my love. Oh Jesus, my sweet Redeemer, the One who paid my ransom. I must say, I consider You quite handsome. You’ve turned my ashes to beauty, and anointed me with joy. My cup is overflowing, and my desire for You is growing. Ask of me what you will. Do not give me blessings, give me You. I want the faith that is tried and true. A faith refined by fire. A faith that lifts You higher.
Less of me, Lord, less of me. This has become my humble plea.
I need You more. I need You more! You are all that I adore.
Even if words lose their meaning, I know You see my heart beaming. For I was once lost, but now I’m alive in You. And I cry, Thank you Jesus!
Take my life and let it be fully pleasing unto Thee.



No comments: