Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

It's NEW.

Disclaimer: This will be more of a "resource" blog today. Sorry for those of you who really do enjoy attempting to read about and understand my usual depth and ramblings. This one will be a bit of a bore for you ;)

I am, in just a few minutes, starting this thing called New thru 30. It originated with Elevation Church in Charlotte, and our church is joining as well. It's an outline to read through the New Testament in 30 days. Sounds fun, right?! For me, YES. I'm finding that with friends gone and holidays over, I really do have too much free time. This will be most delightful to journey through. I have been wanting some kind of Bible Study or something to guide me through God's Word. So here I go! If you want to join us in this you can go to newthru30.com/readingplan to get a copy of the outline.

Next: I watched another GREAT message from Pastor Steven Furtick (he's the pastor of the church who started this New Thru 30 deal). I will most likely be watching the newest sermon from yesterday later on this evening. But the one from last week, Chinese New Year, really blessed me. He spoke about crisis and how we always want to jump over any kind of danger in our lives and just arrive safely at where we want to be; but really, without a crisis or a big need, there's no need for a big, miracle-working God to show up in our lives. It's very good- watch it @ elevationchurch.org!

Next, next: I found this lovely little inspiration in book-form called Hope, Pure and Simple. It's by Max Lucado, and although I have never read one of his adult-sized books, I really love his children's books and gift books. This one would be a gift book, and it's so full of, well, HOPE! Here's some little thoughts from it:

"God can live anywhere in the universe and He chose your heart. Face it, friend-- He's crazy about you."
"God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them."
"God is God. He knows what He is doing. When you can't trace His hand, trust His heart."
"Of all the blessings of heaven, one of the greatest will be you! You will be God's magnum opus, his work of art. The angels will gasp. God's work will be completed. At last, you will have a heart like His."
"Someday God will wipe away your tears... the hands that stretched the heavens will touch your cheeks. The hands that curled in agony as the Roman spike cut through will someday cup your face and brush away your tears. Forever."

It's such a great little book! I'm giving it to one of my aunt's for her birthday. If you know of anyone going through some tough times, I do highly recommend it!

Ahhh, lastly, I pray all of you will be blessed this year-- not just with money, but in the deepest desires and needs of your soul; I pray that you will find immeasurable love and peace and assurance in His presence, and that you and I would continually learn to be seekers of His face, prophets to our generation, and professional lovers of ALL people. Amen!


PS: I have a friend, Julie, who I know from YWAM. She is an amazingly talented singer/songwriter and she is recording her first album! She needs some help to get into the studio, so if you would like to bless her, and also be blessed by her music, go to http://thejulieanne.wordpress.com/ to get a copy!!

No comments: