Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm talkin' about a Reviiiiival!

One of my favorite times of year is when Mr. Dwight Singleton comes to town! It's like you can feel the spiritual atmosphere of our church drastically change. This year is different for me than years before. I can remember coming home from YWAM last year and being so broken in worship because people were truly, deeply worshipping God. It encouraged me so much! But in these last few nights there has been a different atmosphere... more like one of conviction and repentance. Dwight brings the Word like no one I have ever known! He said last night that he was just a "paper boy" delivering whatever was hot off the press from God's heart! I like that analogy :) And let me tell you, our people have been called out, I have been called out, and I pray with all of my heart that we would choose to live higher.

Several things I have gotten out of his teaching this week...
* We must make God's Word our standard. It's not outdated; it will never need to be revised!
*Deny yourself daily. We are in the messes that we are in because we don't tell our sorry selves NO.
* Jesus was all about His Father's business. He took the emotion out of it and chose to do whatever it took to please God.
*When we follow the Spirit and live in obedience to God, we put ourselves in the direct path of His blessings and purpose for our lives.

There is so much more! I don't have time to write it all. He did so well describing to us what it means to follow Jesus. Denying ourself is not a popular subject in the Christian life today. And that's why the church is so screwed up. But I do believe that this generation, when we really start to understand the things of God and the wonders and blessings of a life lived in complete surrender and obedience to Him, will see Him powerfully move on this earth. If you go to the Jesus Culture website and read their mission statement, it is incredible. It gives me chills every time. Because I have seen that in action. I know many of His chosen ones who are so completely in-love and devoted to Jesus and His mission and His precious kingdom...
We're going to shake this world with the love of God. But if we don't heed the Word of God, if we don't stop "picking and choosing" what we want to believe, then we'll never see it. God would rather you be ice cold, dead to Him, than to be in the middle, doing nothing about the wonderful message you have received. Luke warm. What a horrible state to be in. Don't do it! Start saying no to yourself, let the Spirit lead you, don't be caught up in the things of this world, but be renewed, revived, recreated by the things of God!!!
Pray for us here. The revival is continuing into tonight, and maybe for the rest of the week! Pray that the Word would go deep into our hearts and take root, that the people who make up Christian Life Church would choose to change and start living in the supernatural presence of a holy God! I know it's possible. And its up to all of us! BE the church & watch God rock your world.


-from the song "Holy" by Kim Walker

"Let us be a generation marked with holiness. A generation of people who know Your love, who know your holiness, God. Carriers of Your presence. A generation marked by your love... purified, set apart, holy unto You God. Holy, holy, Lord God Almighty. There's only one word to describe... holy."

No comments: