Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

I Let Go.

I would like to start this blog by saying a huge THANK YOU. Even though the people it's directed to will never read it, I just want to say it anyway. I was crying my eyes out this morning watching the documentaries about 9/11. I was so broken by all the personal losses, but at the same time so overwhelmingly blessed by the hope and restoration they proclaimed, and all the people who willingly sacrificed their lives to save others. Every time I hear stories like that I think to myself, how would I react? If I had just talked to my husband for the last time, knew he was about to crash into a building, how would I handle life after that? It amazes me how our Healer steps in and completely compensates for the despair and hopelessness in the face of disaster. He is all we need. Amen!


So, I have found this area of discontentment in my life: I want to live by myself. Well, in my mind it would be a lot easier just to get married and then get a place, whichever God would like to bring first. I am really so blessed to have a wonderful mom to live with, who will still offer to make me coffee and who always washes the dishes. But... I'm just wanting it otherwise. Discontentment is so annoying. And I am such an enabler.

Other news: The Hillsong United premier of the I-Heart Documentary We're All in this Together is showing Nov. 4th at the Cobb at 6:30! I think you have to pre-order tickets? I did just incase! You can go here http://www.ncm.com/Fathom/ConcertsAndMusic/Hillsong_Exclusive.aspx?utm_source=Hillsongdatabase_HSU&utm_medium=eblast&utm_campaign=HillsongUnited to purchase them. See you there!

My proud announcement: I have conquered the kitchen!!!!! For those of you who know me intimately, you may recall my huge intimidation of cooking. Well, those days are history. I have cooked chicken (which was my biggest fear) and now, I have made a delicious FRENCH meal, nearly all by myself. Mom was there to coach. But only a little bit ;) It was seriously good. Call me up, I might cook for you! (probably not though... other people's kitchens are a different story)

Current Reading: Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson (one chapter to go) & Extravagant Worship by Darlene Zschech (who doesn't love her?!) I am thoroughly enjoying both of these, especially Darlene's. I have such a heart for worship. I think every Christian should! But I am one of those crazy music lovers who is so awed by the abilities of worship leaders and anyone who can play an instrument. I personally want to learn how to play the piano, and am determined to make that happen. Eventually. I love watching videos of Hillsong's worship team. It's so beautiful. I'm not idolizing the people, but appreciating the unique talents, gifts, and good looks God has blessed them with. Yes, good looks. You know who I'm talking about :)

Moving on, here are some favorite quotes from Miss Darlene:

"The core of worship is when one's heart and soul and all that is within, adores and connects with the Spirit of God."

"God's love and forgiveness and power of the Cross cause me to dance into my future! What can I say? I am a woman in-love!"

"Worship is to the Lord and not unto man. Learn to seek God's face without worrying about saving yours."

"There is great power in a shout. A shout commands attention. A shout is prophetic & faith-building. It calls things that are not as though they were!"

"God is a builder, not a magician. He is a builder of life, and the finest buildings always take time."

"If we trust God's character, we can trust that our obedience will never take us to a place that we don't want to be."

"The only expression I can give Him is me."

"A personal encounter with God brings a powerful conviction on others because they can see what God has done in you. You testimony matters!!"

"Excellence means detail. Excellence means discipline. When our thoughts are excellent, our deeds will be excellent, too."

"Lay down your life-- lose it, so that others may find theirs."

"Keep that fire in your being, that attitude of 'whatever it takes'. Keep that zeal in your worship that drove you to God's face when you first believed. Go back to that place where the call of God drove you crazy, to that call of God from which you could not escape."


Phew, that's all I've read so far. Sounds good, eh?!? It really, really is! If you long to have the pure, surrendered heart of a true worshipper, you should definitely invest in it. She is one of the most talented and anointed worship leaders of our time-- she knows what she's talkin' about!

Ok, friends, I'm out for the night. Hope you all are mucho, mucho blessed. Know that you are loved and appreciated! If you live near me, come hang out for our church's 10th Birthday this weekend! Love y'all!



Be assured that from the first day we heard of you, we haven't stopped praying for you, asking God to give you wise minds and spirits attuned to his will, and so acquire a thorough understanding of the ways in which God works. We pray that you'll live well for the Master, making him proud of you as you work hard in his orchard. As you learn more and more how God works, you will learn how to do your work. We pray that you'll have the strength to stick it out over the long haul—not the grim strength of gritting your teeth but the glory-strength God gives. It is strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy, thanking the Father who makes us strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that he has for us.
Colossians 1:9-12


No comments: