Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wisdom. Dreams, Destiny.

I have finally finished Bobbie Houston's book, I'll Have What She's Having. This woman is legit. I am so stinkin' excited to be going to Sydney next summer (speaking in faith...) and hopefully will get to meet her. I just love her heart and her passion!! So contagious. As it should be.
Here's some good stuff for you:

"When the Word is entwined in and through your life, nothing can prevail against you because nothing can prevail against the Living Word!"
"The stretching always preempts the blessing."
"Wisdom is applied knowledge that makes you skillful in living life to the fullest."
"Two-thirds of God's name is GO!"
"Read and respond to your Bible; listen and respond when the Word is brought to you. This produces faith which enables us to receive grace which then empowers us in life and ministry."
"When pastoring beautiful people don't get confused or frustrated by the challenge of human nature. The people are NOT the enemy!"
"Leadership demands that we rise above hurt and keep going. Clearly recognize and overcome challenges, and learn to deal victoriously with anything seeking to sabotage your destiny."
"Conviction will cause someone to draw on their faith and examine themselves first."
"It is impossible to be filled with God and have nothing to show for it. Your life will display wonderful qualities which you will carry into every situation, room, and conversation."
"Don't allow anything to bring division in your life."
"Bring everything into the light of Christ-- the enemy only has authority to traffic in darkness. Allow the Holy Spirit to search your heart and you'll stand strong, having authority to rule well in God's House because your own house is diligently taken care of."
"Leadership is about helping people put their lives together again... and armed with the anointing of God's Spirit, we can birth big, beautiful things beyond our wildest dreams."
"I believe the seeds of greatness are within us all. The key is in creating the correct environment for them to then surface to reality."
"RISE UP WOMAN OF GOD! Rise up, fall in love with your Creator, get over what contains you, discover your purpose, and start coloring your world with the love of God!"


She shares so much practical wisdom, mostly from what she has experienced in their ministry. I am so encouraged by other people's victories. It reminds me to share about my own more often!
I have yet to share one of my favorite quotes with you... this statement has shaped my entire life, even though I've just recently read it. The concept has been more than a conviction, it's been a calling. I am now beginning to see why..

"The mark of leadership is in the fact that your life is not your own, and you have the responsibility to 'get it right' for the sake of those watching."

That may seem like a simple sentence to you, but it preaches volumes to me! I used to actually get a little angry at that voice in my head always pushing me to do right. I didn't know the greatness that He was urging me to step into. I still don't really get it. But I don't think we ever will! I used to tense up when I would face the horrifying fact that there is no way to know what is in my future. Now, I'm very glad that I don't. I think I would be too terrified to go any further!

It is just breaking my heart to think of all the people that will never choose to tap into their God-given potential and reach their destiny. I don't understand how people can get so bogged-down with the depressions of this world that it completely blinds them to the rights and inheritance and blessings we are destined to receive as children of the Almighty God. I am so, so, so, so, SO grateful for His Spirit that gives me the faith to see into His heart. Every time I am tempted to step off this road, I am overwelmed with the truth of how it affects Him. But even more, its like I can't compromise AT ALL. There is something that has taken root and changed everything! It's wonderful!!! I cannot brag in anything of myself. It was HIM who revealed Himself to me, HIM who opened my mind to His Word, HIM who transformed my desires, and HIM who taught me that a disciplined life is a delightful life. The only thing I did was simply act on choice. I chose to love Him, and it has made all the difference.




1 comment:

binggeba said...

"""Two-thirds of God's name is GO!""" ...:D

I liked your post, a lot :)