Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

He is here...


GOD is in the waiting.


"Be still and know He is God. He is here. He is here."

I started this blog last week- time to finish! Sometimes distraction comes so easily.
I'd like to look back on the last month or two and count how often I've blogged about the subject of waiting.
I think it's been quite often :) It's because I'm still trying to wrestle out this season. I was calm and just enjoyed the ride for a little while, but now it's becoming a struggle again. Is it almost over? Am I almost there? When, God, when?!?!

It can be very frustrating. But in my discretion, conviction, and true desire to be the obedient daughter, I will not budge until He says so. I will not make a decision until it has been confirmed multiple times. And so far... nadda. But it's coming. I know it's coming.

Wait patiently upon the LORD.


I've been very encouraged by Elizabeth Elliot. In reference to the whole "God, where am I going, what am I supposed to do with my life?" subject, I have encouragement to offer.


"If we set ourselves to the pursue the wise and loving and holy will of our Heavenly Father, we'll find that happiness comes-- quietly, in unexpected ways, and as the byproduct of sacrifice."

"I don't need to know the way. I need only to trust my Guide."

Job 23:10, "He knows the way I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold."


Testing. Not an easy subject. But it is definitely necessary for us to not only learn and grow, but to flourish and thrive. I was reading through my Twitter today and Pastor Steven Furtick had posted something about how the only way out is through. You've gotta keep going.

He knows my way. I'm on the way to becoming good as gold! It's a weary, lonely, and painful process to be refined. Someone gave me this poem years ago, (I wish I knew where it was!) describing a virtuous woman. I remember a part about a diamond... how she started out as a piece of coal but was transformed and refined into this beautiful jewel. It's not like you can just spit-shine it. It's a process. It's a journey.

Or a pearl, for example. How much are they worth? And they come from a disgusting, slimy oyster! What a cool picture of who we are and who we are made to be. God has purposed for beautiful, meaningful, valuable things to come forth in our lives. Aka, pearls and diamonds.

I looked up the word "refine" and it means to free from impurities, to make pure and perfect.

What imperfections and impurities do I need to release? You know, we can choose to be unrefined.

It's actually becoming like a fad amongst Christians nowadays-- allowing room for impurities because we can't be TOO different from other people or they won't want anything to do with us. Where did that reasoning come from? Uhhhh maybe the pit of hell? That's why people don't want to be like us is because there isn't a major, genuine, drastically different change in our lives. Whatever "convictions" you do or don't have, just remember-- you are Jesus to people in this world.

Why do you think most people were drawn to Jesus? There was something distinctly different in Him. Something pure, radiant, and loving. We read about how before He started His ministry, He was tested and tried in the desert with satan himself. He had to be refined before He could be assigned with a ministry to change the world.

This is turning out a lot different than I had in mind. Maybe it's the Holy Spirit!

What are your dreams? Like, besides being a rockstar. What do you really want to do while you're here in this earth? How do you want to make a difference? I know I have huge dreams in my heart. They scare the poo out of me, but they are there. And I know it's because God has placed destiny and purpose inside of me. It's inside of you, too. But we must go through these times of refinement in order to get to the huge and awesome assignment that He has planned for us. If not, we won't reach the greatness that He has intended. Or worse, we will not personally be prepared and we will fall.

I encourage you to DREAM BIG no matter what, but don't forget the process in between the promise and the pay off. There is much to be done in our lives before we can be responsible for so many lives of others. Let Him refine you. And be patient in your process! (preaching to myself)


Philippians 1:6

No comments: