Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Trust in Thee

Fear is not something that I struggle with. At least not all the time. But this morning, I just didn't feel right in my spirit, and had to speak out prayers to calm myself down. We talked about this very thing on Sunday night with our kids. We encouraged them to read Psalm 91 every night before they go to bed- so now I'm feeling the need to read it this morning. I really like The Message version:
"You who sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai's shadow, say this, 'God you're my refuge. I trust in You and I'm safe!' That's right- he rescues you from the hidden traps, shields you from the deadly hazards. His huge oustretched arms protect you- under them you're perfectly safe; his arms fend of all harm. Fear nothing- not wild wolves in the night, not flying arrows in the day, not disease that prowls through the darkness, not disaster that erupts at high noon. Even though others succumb all around, drop like flies right and left, no harm will even graze you. You'll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance, watch the wicked turn into corpses.
Yes, because God's your refuge, the High God your very own home, evil can't get close to you, harm can't get through the door. He ordered his angels to guard you wherever you go. If you stumble, they'll catch you; their job is to keep you from falling. You'll walk unharmed among lions and snakes, and kick young lions and serpants from the path.

'If you'll hang on to Me for dear life,' says God, 'I will get you out of any trouble. I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to know and trust Me. Call on Me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times; I'll rescue you then throw you a party. I'll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!'"

Thank you Abba for your protection! I am safe in Your arms.


In the Bible Study I'm doing right now, Knowing God by Name, I'm learning about His names of diety. Yahweh, Elohim, Adonai... the ones that describe his lordship and power as God. Yesterday's was a long name, I don't even remember it, but it was the name that tells us He is the First and the Last. I felt so comforted when I read about His Infiniteness. She described the solar system, and how huge and infinite it is in and of itself, and that if we could fully comprehend how small and insignificant we are compared to that, we would certainly come to a new revelation of God's power and hugeness. He made all of it. Just think about that for a second. He made this world, from the millions and millions of stars light years away from each other, down to the microscopic bacteria and things we can't even see. Dang, He's awesome! I love this study. I am trusting Him more and more, and I know that my thoughts of fear and worry are trying to sway my faith. I won't let them :) My God is Infinite. And He loves me.

Adonai, my Lord and my Master, I trust in Thee.

No comments: