Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Doubting Thomas- just let it go.

Honestly, I am a doubter. Probably one of the biggest I know. I guess it's better than a liar, but OMG it's the most annoying thing ever. Did I really just say "omg"? I'm hanging around kids too much :)
I have seen God way too many times, experienced Him more than enough, and the doubts just keep on comin'. It's never the kind that would make me walk away, like I said I've seen too much. But it's there nonetheless.
I just watched a video on Cardboard Testimonies. If you've never watched one, I suggest that you do. It's one of the most powerful things.
I need to remind myself daily of not only what God has done in the lives of people all around me, but what He is doing every single second of every single minute of every single day in MY life.


"When doubts filled my mind, Your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." Psalm 94:19

I was once brokenhearted- now I am filled and overflowing with Love.
I was once fearful and worried- now I have freedom to dream.
I was once bitter and angry- I can now live, laugh, and love without holding back.
I was afraid to trust- I'm learning everyday that He is above all, and He holds me by the hand.
I never knew the love of a daddy- now Abba is forever here with me, and He calls me His precious child.
I was lost, now I'm found.
I was blind- now I see, so clearly.
I couldn't eat spicy foods- I made it through 3 months in India with no (major) problems- He healed me!
I was insecure- now I know my true identity is in Christ Jesus.
My heart was stone- He gave me a heart of flesh, and filled it with every good thing.
I no longer carry a legacy of divorce- I have hope and joy for my future!


Just a few of the things that come to mind when I think about who I was before my sweet Jesus. What a wretch I am. My filthy rags I lay before His throne, and He gladly takes them and makes them into clothes fit for a Princess.

Though doubts fill my mind, no doubt is in my heart. He is who He says He is. He is no liar. I put my trust in Him today, tomorrow, forever.

My fav. song: Oh How He Loves Us...

"He is jealous for me. Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy. When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory. Then I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me.
And oh, how He loves us so. Oh how He loves us... how He loves us so.
We are His portion and He is our prize, drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes. If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking. So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss, and my heart turns violently inside of my chest.
I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way He loves us. Oh, how He loves us!"
...but the love of God changes us and we're never the same, we're never the same after we encouter the love of God. We're never the same after we encounter the love of God!
-Kim Walker-

No comments: