Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

praise is befitting


You are good. You are holy. You are worthy.
Praise is befitting.

I'm having a precious moment of listening to Will Reagan and remembering how awesome He has been, realizing how awesome He is, believing in how awesome He will forever be.

Life sucks. Each day is another opportunity for my joy to be squelched, my mind to be wearied, my body to be beaten down. Each day brings me another day closer to death. Each day heightens my awareness of the darkness in the world, in my neighbor, and in myself.
This day specifically brings me a grief that grips my heart and forms a constant knot in my throat. Lives that were taken too soon. A rampage of violence with no explanation.

I lean not on my own understanding.
I give it all to You, God
trusting that You'll make something beautiful.

The reassuring news is that grief is good. It's one of the things that, in my opinion, makes us incredibly human. My Jesus was a man of many sorrows, I am told. And that gives me hope. He felt. He cried. He grieved.
And I believe that He is here with us in the tragic and in the unexpected. He is here in the memories and in the daily experience. He is here. How that changes everything.


"I have heard your prayer and seen your tears.
I will heal you."

2 Kings 20:5



No comments: