Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wishlist


A quick note:

Dear Etsy, get thee far from me! Not really, because I'm thoroughly enjoying spending afternoons and evenings getting lost in your handmade jewels and vintage treasures. Ohh lala!

I find myself getting inspired in a new-ish way. I'm not a crafty type, but I really appreciate those who are. Etsy is my new weakness. I am very thankful that I have neither the financial backing nor the house ownership needed to purchase the wonderful things I find.
However, I want to share a few of my favorite finds, more on the affordable side, from random sites and such. In time, I might invest!




[Love this website! Check out their products & read about the many different organizations they are supporting. Fav quote: "We aren't asking you to buy more stuff, just change the products that you already buy." Let's move from being convenient shoppers to conscious & responsible consumers. This is my goal!]




[Have you read Katie Davis's blog? You should. It's listed in my favorite sites. This is the organization that partners with her: 147 Million Orphans. I love the hearts of these women-- adoption! And, I find myself reusing my venti Starbucks cups over and over for iced water. Why not use one of these?]




[My Etsy fetish here. I really like this lady's store! I think it's ironic that I would be willing to spend $15 on a checkbook cover that says "spend wisely." Is it worth it? It's SO cute!]




[I've had my eye on this shirt for a while now. Really like the design, colors, & Desmond Tutu quote on the back. And Land of a Thousand Hills is one of my favorite organizations!]




[This has been on my mind... I think I will label it a temptation. But maybe since I'm moving, I could use it? Yeah? I'm just making excuses. I want it!]




[Here's my Amazon.com wishlist. I go through books like crazy. My mom constantly scolds me for not using the FREE library. I tell her that I like to write in them and keep them as long as I want, and then have the freedom to give them away if I so choose. It's gotten out of control at times. I should really go to the library more often.]





[I wish I was a painter. The truth is: my sister inherited that talent. So for people like me, who so desire to be artsy but end up ruining most things when they try, they made wall decals! Wooooooo! I think trees are so lovely. What a fun room!]





[Old school/ vintage stuff has captivated me. And dresses are just fun! & breezy.]





[I really have a lot of bags, but specifically have been wanting to find a longer, messenger-type purse. I have yet to find one in a normal store that I love, and I would much rather spend a little more on something like this-- handmade by these lovely women.





Ok, enough treasure-hunting for now. I'm peeling myself away from the computer now full of endless possibilities of finding precious, creative things that express my style and life perfectly. Until next time!


No comments: