Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

for the world He loves


He wears the scars of our freedom. In His name, all our fears are swept away. He never fails.
So take heart. Let His love lead us through the night. Hold on to hope. And take courage again.
All our troubles & all our tears
God our hope
He has overcome.
All our failure & all our fear
God our love
He has overcome.
All our heartache & all our pain
God our healer
He has overcome.
All our burdens & all our shame
God our freedom
He has overcome.
God our justice. God our grace. God our refuge. God our strength. God is with us.
And He has overcome.



I can play this song on repeat, over and over again. To me, these words are more than a description of a Being who most believe is distant and uninvolved. To me, these words are life. They are power. They are truth. I have seen it and I continue to see it happening-- God overcoming. He's overcoming my doubts, my fears, my insecurities. He's overcoming my pride, my feelings of deservedness and undeserving, my wrong opinions and patterns of thinking.

One of my favorite verses has always been John 16:33, "but you need not fear, I have overcome this world."
I don't think in my young age of 13, when I first remember reading a bible and [somewhat] understanding what it said, I could have explained to you why I thought this verse was so epic. But I do know that it gave me an overwhelming sense of hope. Back then, I had no idea about the magnitude of the hardships of this world-- the evil, the darkness, the despair. But in my ignorance I still knew that it was alright. He said that He has overcome.

And I can still confidently believe that, in view of all the destruction, desolation, disease, and death, my God has overcome.
There is hope.


Since our Easter celebrations, I've been thinking about how Jesus understands us so well. There is no pain nor struggle that He cannot empathize with. He has felt both the depths of sorrow and the heights of joy, as have we. In all things of life, He was as one of us. And yet He is God. That mysterious thought alone brings me so much comfort & simultaneously stops my thought process all at once. It's just too great; He is just too awesome.


A hope & prayer of my heart is to never ever lose that faith. I think I will forever question, but I never want to doubt. I want to know, to really know, that He is good. In the face of everything in this world, He is good.
We see that in the Cross. May we never lose that sight. May He take our hands in His and remind us of the scars that bought our freedom and ransomed our souls.
Thank you, Jesus.



"Do you see what we've got? An unshakable Kingdom! ... for God is not an indifferent bystander... God Himself is fire."

Hebrews 12:28 & 29

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And all consuming fire - Mountains melt like wax in His presence. I cannot believe i am the first to comment on this. I might not sleep tonight i am love your blog Candice.

Anonymous said...

I am also remembering Jesus saying i came to bring a Fire and how i wish i was already here. Thank God it is now and it is burning alive in you. Luke 12 49 Previously i meant "An" not "And"