Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy World Water Day!




It is quite the cause of celebration for me to learn of people in the world saving lives and inspiring others to do the same! Charity:water had been on my list of favorites for a couple years now. Their mission is to give everyone on our planet access to clean water. This issue may not seem like a big deal to you, as it wasn't for me either, but when I read statements like...

Unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation cause 80% of diseases and kill more people every year than all forms of violence, including war.

... I remember why this is something I should be involved in and educated about. Will you join me? There are many organizations you could support or simply read about and tell others. I'll give you a few to get you started.
:) Happy World Water Day!











No comments: