Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

where we meet.


Darling Your love is healing. It makes the bitter sweet.
Warms the winter to spring again
secures the cold's defeat.


A very simple sentence in a prayer took my imagination captive today. All he said was something about quieting yourself, just being in your secret place with God. My closed eyes allowed my wandering mind to form what my secret place looks like-- down in the depths of my heart and soul, where would I like to meet with Him? I first imagined a beautiful quaint garden, surrounded by flowers, the sunlight dim yet present, the grass bright green and as soft as a baby blanket. Me, there, in a white sundress. My Love there, too.
Just talking. Just sitting.


But as I thought more, I envisioned something like a villa on the edge of the sea. Maybe an infinity pool, just because it's my imagination and that would be amazing to have.

Yet even still, I think my secret place would be the open ocean, on a smooth sailboat, with saltiness on my face and in my hair. The quietnessof the calm water. The beauty of the sunset sky. What precious communion that would be. I wonder if this is what it can be. The satisfaction of my longings found simply in the willingness to stop, be still, and go there. To set my attention on that place, on His face. To stop running after these other lovers and just sail away together, only us. If only there was such self-control that I could stay there with Him always. Maybe someday.

As for now...


We're adrift on a sailboat.
My love is the sea.
Yours is the horizon
constant and steady.


The tide is out, the moon is high
we're sailing.

No comments: