Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Fat & Plentiful!

Just something on my heart...

I was watching Craig Groeschel's newest series on the Holy Spirit, and he mentioned this verse that happens to be the source of greatest encouragement to me lately:
Isaiah 30:21, "Your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, 'this is the way, walk in it.'" Another version talks about specific direction, either to the right or to the left. To be in a season such as I, not knowing much about what the next few months will hold, a verse like that speaks volumes to my soul. I will hear His voice, if I keep myself sensitive to Him, and He will let me know.
And of course, Oswald never fails me. This was in yesterday's devotion (from My Utmost for His Highest):
"If through a broken heart God ca bring His purposes to pass in the world, then thank Him for breaking your heart."
And in todays...
"We have to obey Him out of oneness of spirit. That is why whenever our Lord talked about discipleship He prefaced it with an IF… the Lord does not give me rules, He makes His standard very clear, and if my relationship with Him is that of love, I will do what He says without any hesitation. If I hesitate, it is because I love someone else in competition with Him- myself… I must obey Him & when I do, I fulfill my spiritual destiny… when I stand face to face with God I will discover that through my obedience thousands were blessed. When once God’s Redemption comes to the point of obedience in a human soul, it always creates. If I obey Jesus Christ, the Redemption of God will rush through me to other lives, because behind the deed of obedience is the Reality of Almighty God."

Just let that swirl around in your brain a bit. It's so rich and deep.

THEN, reading on in Isaiah 30, verse 23 says that He will give rain to your seed with which you sow the ground... it will be fat and plentiful.

I always love when God's Word talks about rain. It's this freaky prophetic thing I learned in YWAM. Rain is a sign of blessing and abundance. I get a little choked up now when I read about sowing, planting, and harvesting. It's a beautiful concept. So often the seeds I have sown into my own life have been watered with tears. And Jesus says I will reap eternal joy! Hallelujah! But it's a very strenuous, draining process to sow something, especially into another person's life. Never forget that promise: that the seed you sow will come to fruition, not matter how long it takes. Name it and claim it! Continue to pray that the Lord would make it FAT and PLENTIFUL in the lives of those you've planted. Take tender care of those seeds, and wait patiently, but not lazily, for the harvest. I have found that expectation is a huge factor of faith. Expect much, receive much more!

As Pastor Craig said, we can live supernatural lives in this natural world. Let the voice of the Spirit, who is like the wind, guide you-- whether to the right, to the left, or to the other end of the world. Obedience is a step towards the fulfillment of your destiny.

Enjoy every second of this unpredictable journey :)

Peace & Bless-angs.

No comments: