Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

...as I recite verses for my King

I've been in a poetic mood lately. That doesn't happen very often.
Just wanted to share some lines that I really like...

“He has never left you. It is just that your soul is so vast that just like the earth in its innocence it may think, ‘I do not feel my lover’s warmth against my face right now.' But look, my dear, is not the sun reaching down its arms and always holding a continent in its light? God cannot leave us. Its just that our soul is so vast, we do not always feel His lips upon the veil.”

Be kind to yourself, dear-- to our innocent follies. Forget any sounds or touch you knew that did not help you dance.


Great lions can find peace in a cage. But we should only do that as a last resort. So those bars I see that restrain your wings, I guess you wouldn’t mind if I pry them open...


Girls, think twice before inviting God near. His charms will turn you into a slave-- are you ready for such a wonderful bondage?


Come to the edge.
We might fall.
Come to the edge.
It's too high!
Come to the edge!
And they came,
and he pushed,
and they flew.

No comments: