Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

New favorite:


I found a treasure, friends.
Another beloved woman who writes, most descriptively, about her life. And I am so overwhelmed by the power and beauty of her words.

Maybe this is one of my shortcomings... I spend so much time drooling over other people's gifts that I rarely share my own. But I love sharing the treasures that I find on the world wide web, so this will always be a part of what I do here: copy and paste the beautiful stories that I so enjoy reading myself.

This is Erika.
She has lots of good things to say. Unspeakable emotions welled in me as I read her bio. I hope you go visit her space and receive even just an ounce of the inspiration that I have.


"I am The Life Artist
I came by this name in the unusual way. The WAY that is defined by the voices of holy, devoted friendship attached to The Voice that spoke my knitting together. Twenty friends (plus a few more) with the rough and tender fingertips of the Spirit, told me it was okay to say, “I am”; to believe in the un-earthing of truest self; a self named not by parents of flesh, but Parents Triune. 
And I believe, I believe that God would give a name to His children.  What earthly parent, even, wouldn’t do that? These double-dozen friends and Father held me and heart-deep-traveled with me while we jointly explored what the mixture of my dust looks, feels, moves, breathes, contributes, speaks like. I wept myself dry; discovered myself unbelievable; broke my pride-back six-ways-to-resurrected-Sunday. And the name heaven gave me awoke from slumber in my belly, yawned deep and opened eyes new to the world. Not a thing has looked the same since Father blew His breath on the dormant seed of myself . . . Life the voice whispers strong . . . I need you to be Life . . . The weary world needs to see My Life.
For this reason I am passionately audacious about LIFE; living. You know, the kind when and where you’re awake – in all respects.  I gather stories and symbols and Spirit interaction from my microscopic, mundane and mystery filled moments.  I live with the great hope that each molecule, every word, every choice, each individual thread of circumstance, gesture, dance, phrase, laughter, soul-crack, brow-pain, sea, mountain, rain, shine . . .  is woven together intricately and deeply with a deeper story of love, as expressed by The LIFE of Jesus."




Amazing, right? My heart lept and my chest constricted at her telling of the journey to our deepest, truest selves. It is a long time comin', this finding who you are. But may we each choose again today that we are still going, still treading, still stepping, still climbing... we're going further still, until we see the glorious sight, feel the amazing awakening, and hear the holy whisper... 
"You shall be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord will announce."
Is. 62:2

No comments: