Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

things unseen


We sang Hosanna last night at Upper Room. I have an emotional connection to that song, especially the bridge part:
heal my heart and make it clean
open up my eyes to the things unseen
show me how to love like You have loved me...

I've thought before about the phrase "open up my eyes to the things unseen." Before, it made it think of crazy, spiritual realm things. You know... angels and demons and what not. But I don't really desire to see those things. Now, that prayer makes me think of people.
I want eyes to see the hidden things inside of people: their true selves, their gifts and strengths, their God-made beauty. Sometimes that's really hard to find because of what's going on outside of them, so I desire the ability to look past, look in, and love. For each person is a treasure. EACH person. Even those who are caught up in extreme evil, they were once a miraculous, lovely dream in God's heart. And He still loves them. Oh what a hard truth to grasp.

So that's my thought for the day, for life:
may we allow our eyes to be opened and made sensitive to those we see. May we be on the lookout for those in need. May we pray for more love like the love He has poured out on each of us, more grace to forgive, more trust to surrender it all.


Happy President's Day!

No comments: